Sunday, January 11, 2015

Callide Dawson Flying Group (CDFG) 25th Anniversary Fly-In Nominated for Australia Day Award!

Last week I received a fantastic email from the Callide Dawson Flying Group (CDFG) announcing that the local Banana Shire Council has nominated the CDFG 25th Anniversary Fly-In for an award in the category of “Community Event of The Year 2015”. 






The Fly-in was certainly a highlight for me when it was held at the Biloela / Thangool Airport over the Queen's Birthday Long Weekend in 2014.











  

I'm sure followers and fans of the CQ Plane Spotting Blog will join with me in wishing the CDFG all the very best in the pursuit of this prestigious award - and I'm sure you would all agree that the award would be richly deserved!

Of interest, those in the Banana Shire Council are invited by the CDFG to attend the local Australia Day celebrations at Wowan this year, which is central to our region.

No comments:

Post a Comment